The latest ACOM1010, budget 160-10m small and lightweight linear amplifier, for fixed or DXpedition and Field Day operations.
Easy operation. The plate-load True Resistance Indicator (TRI) is an ACOM innovation that provides quick and precise tuning, typically in less than 10 seconds. The auto-operate function will return the amplifier to the OPERATE mode automatically after each protection trip, saving time and avoiding manual switching.
No external antenna tuner is required as long as the antenna VSWR is 3:1 or lower. The amplifier will perform the functions of an antenna tuner, enabling you to change antennas faster and use them over wide frequency ranges.
This amplifier is both user-friendly and self-monitoring. It is designed to safely withstand up to 240 W of reflected power, up to 100 milliseconds of drive spikes (RF "tails" after a PTT or KEY release), and even operator tuning errors. It is also capable of operating at more than half its designed output power at only 75% of nominal line (mains) voltage. Because it can tolerate deep voltage drops (down to zero for 10 milliseconds) and 15% line voltage spikes, it is particularly suited for use in portable environments, such as field days and DXpeditions.
The upper LED bar-graph always reads peak forward power while the lower LED bar-graph is for the reflected power. LED warning indicators are provided for abnormal conditions of grid 1, grid 2, and plate parameters.
Two antenna outputs are selectable on the front panel of the amplifier.
Antenna matching can be achieved in less than 10 seconds and at a quarter of nominal output power, which produces lower risk of interference to other stations and greater safety to the amplifier components.
The amplifier operates without special signaling from the transceiver; it needs only "ground on TX" and 60 W RF drive power to operate at full output power. The ACOM-1010 does not support Full-BK (QSK).
Broadband input matching circuitry offers excellent loading characteristics for the driving transceiver, from 1.8MHz to 30MHz.
A single Svetlana 4CX800A (GU74B) high-performance ceramic-metal tetrode with plate dissipation of 600 W (forced air cooling, grid-driven) is used for maximum efficiency.
The Acom 1010 offer permanent monitoring and protection of the plate and grids currents. The Bias Optimizer minimizes heat dissipated by the tube, assuring tube longevity. Design of the high-voltage power supply eliminates the danger of turn-on transients affecting sensitive devices connected to the same line (mains) circuit. Moreover, the amplifier can be configured to accommodate any of 8 nominal line voltages between 100 and 240 V, 50 or 60 Hz.
- Frequency Coverage: All amateur bands in the 1.8-29.7MHz frequency range.
- Power Output: 700 W PEP or 500 W continuous carrier.
- Intermodulation Distortion: Better than 35 dB below rated output.
- Hum and noise: Better than 40 dB below rated output.
- Harmonic Output Suppression: Better than 50 dB below rated output.
- Input and Output Impedances:
- nominal value: 50 Ω unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors;
- input circuit: broadband, VSWR less than 1.3:1, 1.8-30MHz continuously (no tunings, no switching);
- Bypass path VSWR less than 1.1:1, 1.8-30MHz continuously, 200 W maximum;
- Output (antenna) impedance matching capability: VSWR up to 3:1 or higher.
- RF Gain: 11 dB typically, frequency response less than 1 dB (50 to 70 W drive power for rated output). Primary Power: 85-132 V/170-264 V ac (100, 110, 120, 200, 210, 220, 230 & 240 V nominal taps), +10% -15% tol.), 50-60 Hz, single phase, 1200 VA.
- Complies with CE safety and electromagnetic compatibility requirements as well as FCC-regulations (10 & 12 m band locks provided).
- Size & Weight (operating): WxDxH: 406x315x150mm, 16kg.
- Operating environments:
- temperature range: 0...+50 °C
- humidity: up to 95% @ +35 °C
- height: up to 3000m above sea level without output deterioration